Sunday, August 31, 2014

August's Colors~


For us August is a time of 
back to school and birthday happenings.

In honor of our birthday girl,
I used greens and orange.
The Kona Kiwi and Honeydew greens represent
August's birthstone, Peridot.

School Bus is for the orange..
one of the current favs
of someone back at college to finish one more SemEstER!!

I chose a paper-pieced pattern
(yes, I really did) 
from Fresh Lemons,


She did an excellent job with her directions
(thank you..PP makes me
so nervous!)

By time I did both blocks,
I think I was doing better with the process.

Does anyone else feel like they 
are working backwards,
sideways
and upside down
with paper-piecing?
It is a great brain exercise!

Anyway, I was happy with most of the results.
Just need to practice,
practice,
practice...


One block has whirled its way to Oregon,
and 
that leaves just four more monthly blocks 
to go.....

1 comment:

  1. I am all thumbs when it comes to paper piecing. It always seems logical to me until I actually start the project. Your blocks look great. I really like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your message! I enjoy hearing from you!! Please check your email for my response. I try to answer each person who leaves a comment!