Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Half of February's Color Adventure~

For my February Color Adventure block, I wanted to do something
"Valentine-ish".
It is the Valentine month after all ;-)!


So I scrapped the block I  had started and pulled out three Kona colors;
mulberry, cardinal red and candy pink.
Finding a pattern that was Valentine-ish was harder than I expected.
I wanted arrows or flowers or???
but no hearts.


Through an online search I found about.com.quilt
and the Flying All Around block.
But it had a chunky 6.5" piece of fabric for the center...
I pulled out my BrANd New (thanks, Jane
Farmer's Wife book
and found Wild Roses and square to fill that spot.


My idea of a valentine..
Arrows of Love circling a bouquet of flowers.
(note- those are fox prints above)


I was so tickled to finish, and skipped out to take pictures before the sun disappeared.


And discovered I had a problem..
 (hear the music change?)


Oops!


So back to the machine and ripper I went.


Problem solved.


The wind was beginning to blow,
and this block set to fly off to Oregon!


I can't wait to see what the mailbox delivers this month.....



2 comments:

  1. Wow! These look great. Are you doing a whole quilt with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are wonderful! Great colors and way to use your book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your message! I enjoy hearing from you!! Please check your email for my response. I try to answer each person who leaves a comment!