Monday, June 10, 2013

Dreamy Finish~

Quilted and Bound!

Whoop, whoop and happy dancin'!

You might remember this picture taken in March
of my project for the Stitch Me Up Blog Hop.

Now, the background piece is more than a top--
it is a finished quilt!


All of the fabrics are part of 
Mama Said Sew collection by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics.



The pattern is a free project sheet, 


I made the blocks smaller for this version 
(using this pattern for several projects ;-) which I will write about later)
and used sashing to break up the busy--ness and details.

I really love the sewing and quilting definitions
along with the quilt names used
in this fabric line!


Two Charm Packs were used, plus yardage for the borders/sashes
to complete the top.
I first spotted this fabric in a wonderful little shop,
my friend, Tammy, and I discovered
in Boulder City, Nevada.

For a challenge, I machine-quilted the piece.  
It went much better than I expected,
and I may have enjoyed working on a small quilt.


We still had a little ice on the pond when
I finished the quilt,
but the sunshine was glorious!


Thanks for stopping by!

I am linking up with 
and

Have a fantastic weekend.....


3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a neat quilt - I love it. I'm going to have to download that pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is fantastic! I love the pattern, and I love the sashing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After looking at the pattern, I can definitely see why you added the sashing. I like the way it separates the stars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your message! I enjoy hearing from you!! Please check your email for my response. I try to answer each person who leaves a comment!